On 19.5.2017, Iva Janzurova celebrates 76 years and so it's about time we recall who she is.
Iva Janzurova is without a doubt one of the best actresses in the Czech Republic. She first appeared in a film in the 1960s. After a few occasional roles, Director Karel Kachyna gave her a great opportunity, when he gave her role in his film the Chariot to Vienna in 1966. Iva is perfect actress, both in film and theatre. Her renowned performance enthralls anyone who has ever seen her. She was nominated for the prize for the best actress at prestigious Cannes Festival for the main roles in the films Petrolejove lampy, and Morgiana.
- She received the Silver Asteroid for best actress at the International Film Festival of fantastic films in Trieste (1971) for the triple role Evelyn Kelett – Fany Stubova-Stuart Hampl in the brilliant comedy Sir, you are a widow!
- She holds two Czech Lion Awards for best actor in a leading role in the movies The Catcher in the Rye (1998) and The Trip (2002).
- She received the award for the best actress at the International Film Festival in Sochi (2000) for her role in the film Ene bene.
- Another award she received is Alfréd Radok Award for actor of the year in 1998 and the Thalia Award 1998 for drama – women.These awards were for her portrayal of Winnie in Beckett’s Happy Days.
- TyTy 2014 Award category: Hall of Fame - Iva Janzurova
- She received the Crystal Globe Award for lifetime contribution to cinematography on 50. Festival in Karlovy Vary